- About Us
We are Manx Incahoot Limited, incorporated and registered in the Isle of Man. Company number 129630C. Our registered head office is Clarendon House, Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 2LN.
We are registered as an overseas company in England and Wales with company number: FC032470 and Establishment No.: BR017545
Our UK establishment office is Fordbrook Business Centre, Marlborough Road, Pewsey, Wiltshire, SM9 5NU (and we refer to ourselves as “Incahoot”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this document). We own and operate this “Website” (meaning the incahoot.com website or a subdomain of Incahoot) and the Incahoot Service (as defined below) on our own behalf.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Manx Incahoot Limited.
- Contacting us
- Your Privacy
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Data that we collect
We may collect and process your personal data, including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, password and such other contact details as we require or request. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services or levels of account.
- Payment information provided by you, for example, on registration for any particular part of the Incahoot Service, such as enhanced functionality which requires payment in advance of use, or on placing an order for a particular product or service available on the Website or on request for the Refer a Friend Scheme (as described in our Terms and Conditions) or to receive a cashback. This may include credit or debit card or bank account details.
- Information provided to us by you in relation to your relatives or friends, as part of the Refer a Friend Scheme, by which we will email those people to invite them to join the Incahoot Service. If they do not take up the invitation, we shall delete the details which you have provided to us 30 days after our email to that friend was sent.
- Information provided by you in relation to our concierge service. We will not store any of this information for more than 30 days unless we have prior consent and will destroy any utility bills which you send to us after 60 days.
- Other data you may provide on blogs, comments and reviews on the Website.
- Why we collect your personal data
We need your email address and other contact details, in particular, for sending you information relating to the Incahoot Service. This includes (without limitation) the following:
- To allow you to go ahead and register for the Incahoot Service. This includes sending an email to you to confirm your details, to give you initial information about the Incahoot Service, and to enable you to commence using the Incahoot Service.
- To allow the automatic renewal of your user account, or the payment to you of monies owed to you under the terms of our Terms and Conditions.
- To respond to you over any queries you raise with us.
- To give you a link to enable you to have a password resent to you if you tell us or the Website that you have forgotten it.
- In case we have any queries concerning any aspect of your use of the Incahoot Service or the Website.
- To allow us to keep a record of any correspondence between us, or of any reviews that you post to the Website in relation to a particular offer, product or service.
- To ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- To record and track details of transactions you carry out through or via the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- To collect details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Incahoot Service when you choose to do so.
- To allow us or selected third parties and our suppliers to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
In the event that you win a particular competition or promotion, we may also use your name and the town or city in which you live on the Website to advertise to other users the fact that you have won and details of what you have won.
We also need to use your contact details and other information for any aspect of the Incahoot Service or Website (including, but without limitation, providing customer support, preventing or investigating prohibited activity, enforcing the Terms and Conditions and verifying information). We also use your information to detect any fraud or Website abuses.
We may maintain your user history (such as frequency of use, data accessed and detail of data accessed) for up to six years following purchase.
- Your obligations as to your data
You must only submit to us, or the Website, information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up-to-date and inform us of changes. You may do that through the My Account part of the Website. By submitting data in respect of you and anyone else, you must ensure that you have full authority and consent to supply us with that data on their behalf and you warrant to us that you have that authority.
- Third Parties and Links
We will disclose your personal data (including details of your credit or debit card or bank account) to our suppliers should you wish to make an order for a product or service made available by that supplier.
Unless an individual has made an order for a product or service, we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our suppliers or advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregated or anonymised information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their services or advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregated or anonymised information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. However, that anonymised data will not be capable of identifying you personally.
We may exchange information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may transfer your data to other companies within the Manx Financial Group.
We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell or merge our business or part of it to an actual or potential purchaser/partner. We will notify you if these events occur allowing you the opportunity to object to the transfer of your personal data.
- IP addresses and cookies
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests and spending patterns;
- To speed up your searches;
- To recognise you when you return to the Website; and
- To enable us to target opportunities in accordance with your interests and spending patterns and to collate the information you have provided in order to strengthen our buying power with third party suppliers.
If you want to find out more information about cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org or to find out about removing them from your browser, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
- Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology, and verified by Thawte®, both in the payment information you provide to us to pass on to a third party to make an order for a product or service, and the payment information you provide to us for payment directly to us as part of your use of the functionality of the Website and the Incahoot Service. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the Internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information.
We store your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers. Whilst we are unable to guarantee 100% security, this makes it hard for a hacker to decrypt your details.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
You are responsible for protecting against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer.
- Your Rights
You have a right of access (subject to a small fee) to all the personal data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please write to the Data Protection Officer at our registered office provided above enclosing a cheque in the sum of £10.00.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data to provide marketing information about the Incahoot Service, or products or services on the Website. You can make changes to your privacy settings at the “My Account” part of the Website. We will amend your settings in accordance with your preferences as soon as possible but in any event within a reasonable time. However, please note that changing your privacy settings may inhibit your ability to benefit from the Incahoot Service so we do not recommend that you do this if you wish to get full use out of our services.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of suppliers, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Changes to our Internet Privacy Statement will be noted here so that you can be fully informed about the privacy protection we provide and your choices with regard to our use of personal information for marketing purposes.
- Linked internet sites
You should be aware that other Internet sites to which you link from incahoot.com may contain privacy provisions that differ from the provisions provided herein. We encourage you to read the rules and policies of these sites to further understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal information.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18.